Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What should I do about this spell?

This was posted by a person that has made my life hell for the last 3 months. I didn't read it because I was told not too. What should I do now?

(Binding spell deleted)

Anonymous


As far as the spell is concerned I wouldn't be worried in the least. Assume for a moment it is real and has power. So what? All it is supposed to do is keep the recipient from gossiping, lying and sending negative energy. So it won't have any serious negative effect on you. It does not call for any sort of harm. It is a protection from harm spell. If you are doing any of those things, the worst thing that will happen is you may find yourself frustrated. Metaphysically there is nothing to do, aside from the standard protection exercises everyone should be doing on a daily basis. A little "Love Bombing" couldn't hurt either.

Assuming it is not for real, and you are doing none of the things specified in the spell, then the problem is psychological and not spiritual. This spell would suggest then that this individual is mentally unstable if not outright paranoid. It's possible this person could be dangerous, and you want to keep them away from you and out of your life. I have some experience with bullies as well as psychic matters, and if you know this individual, and possess an address, if they are in your area, then I would get a restraining order preventing them from having any contact with you (including any electronic contact). Do not engage them! That almost never works. It may feel good to tell someone off if they are acting crazy or miserable, but nobody responds well to that. They only see your defending yourself as an attack on them, which they use to justify continued abuse.

If this is a cyberbullying situation, don't respond. Work on ignoring them completely. I would unsubscribe from any unmoderated (or poorly moderated) discussion groups you may share. Do everything within your power to actively avoid them. No matter how tempting they may make it to respond, don't. Use an email filter to automatically delete anything they email you. Un-friend them on your Facebook or MySpace page(s). Block them every way you can to keep them from contacting you. Cyberbullies thrive on attention. They will move off in 99% of cases within a week if they realize they are not getting through. For the remaining 1% further action may be needed. Contact moderators, ISPs, social networking sites and ask them to assist you in blocking this person. If they continue to attempt to get in touch with you, contact your local police or a good lawyer and ask their assistance in obtaining a restraining order to prevent this individual from contacting you via email or through any electronic means.

If none of this works, email me again privately with the details and I will see if there is something else you might be able to do.

Brandi

2 comments:

Buddha said...

I was browsing the blogosphere and I stumbled upon your blog, so I stopped to say hi!
I am interested in spirituality and philosophy and I am looking for like minded friends.
Wishing you the best!
BoH

Brandi Jasmine said...

Good to make your acquaintance! Not every day we are visited by the Bood! (laugh) Welcome!