Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Get me out of this demonic attack

Dear Brandi,

I experience unexplained headaches, dizzy spells, sleeping disorders and mood swings and sees flashes of light. I am anxious of crowded places and see strange visions (etc)  I would like you to shut it all off and make it go away and turn my volume up.

SM

Dear SM,

What makes you think this is a demonic attack? What you describe here sounds like a lot of other psychics I know when their abilities first came out. I still experience many of these things myself. But unless there is blood dripping down the walls and plates flying out of cupboards or there is some other nasty phenomena happening (and that is incredibly rare), then maybe there are demons involved. If so, even though I am not religious myself, I would not want to try to handle something like that on my own. I'd call the Catholic Church, they have the most experienced exorcists. Otherwise, I kind of doubt what you are experiencing is a demonic attack. I hope that gives you some measure of comfort.

There is no simple way to turn it all off. If you want to get better control you
first have to accept that this is happening, and let go of some of your fear
about it. I recommend that you get a copy of Living With Your Psychic Gifts ...
The detailed advice that I would give you is actually already in the book. Some
of it is online at the web site. In the meantime, the best thing to do is to meditate every day, to regularly ground yourself, and to keep a regular journal of these kinds of experiences so that you can look back on them with more clarity in the future. If you don't know anything about meditation, your local Buddhist temple may teach it or there could be a meditation group in your area. My friend Ross Quinn has a wonderful "Centering" CD available to order online, and I highly recommend it. He also teaches a class I have found tremendously helpful. It's not about psychic ability, it's about being happier, more effective and centered in life, which can have a profoundly positive effect on psychic experiences. Once you accept it, let go of the fear and stop fighting the experiences, they start to smooth out and get a lot more positive. In other words, turn your volume up!

Journal-keeping is vital to your personal and psychic growth. You can go back over time and check the details. You'll find that you remember some things differently a week, month or year down the line. It is really helpful in so many ways. It will prove to you that you are seeing something "real", and where your blind-spots are. It keeps things grounded.

Of course I recommend you read the full text of Living With Your Psychic Gifts:
http://www.psychicprotection.net/
- especially the parts on psychic protection, and I invite you to join us in our discussion group. You will find there are a lot of other people out there with similar experiences. Just knowing I wasn't on my own with this thing made it a lot easier to bear.

Brandi

No comments: