Friday, August 31, 2007

Notes on Finding Your Soul Mate - Guest Blog by Danielle Daost of Global Psychics

Is it something in our DNA that pushes us to search for a partner in life, a soul mate? Certainly, it is a simple physical drive, rooted in the need to procreate the species. But I believe that a good part of this need for a loving partner is a result of our conditioning... an expectation implanted in us in early childhood. By the time we're in our late teens, we're keeping one eye out for a soul mate.... and if s/he hasn't appeared by the time we're 30, many of us begin to panic... is there someone out there for me? Will I ever find the right one for me? Maybe not... so what then?

From my early teens, I had funny feeling that I was going to be one of those who wouldn't find a life partner... interesting though, while that inbred force to find a partner drove me to make some mistakes here and there, to settle for relationships that weren't quite right, by the time I was in my early 30's, I didn't care so much about finding "the one". By then, I had a son who needed a lot of my attention, a very demanding career that presented a lot of fun and interesting challenges along with opportunities to travel and meet new people, and I had developed many warm relationships with friends and colleagues... my life was full. I didn't feel like I really needed a partner anymore, in fact a partner might just get in the way.

At one point my next brother became a little concerned, "Danielle, over the years you've brought home some very interesting men. I've liked every one of them. But none of them were into settling down?" My response was simple - "doesn't that tell you something?" The Law of Attraction at work here... I didn't want to settle with anyone, so I attracted lovers who also wished to preserve their own independence in life.

Over the years, I have had the great good fortune of connecting with, loving and learning with many different soul mates - lovers, friends, family members... Now past 60, I am one of those rare folks who says I am "happily single". If I have a twin flame, a soul mate life partner, he is probably not present on the planet right now, or he's busy pursuing his own independent path... and that's OK by me. There has been real purpose in my remaining single for this lifetime, I don't feel like I've missed anything. Especially not soul mate connections.

With the shift in consciousness that the end of the Mayan calandar indicates, I believe we are moving to an androgynous cycle which demands a relationship with self... each of my soul mates have in one way or another enabled this relationship with self. When I saw this next paragraph in one of Phil's responses to a recent inquiry, it struck a chord, and I was prompted to ask for more... the times are changing and I think it is important that we explore these ideas.

Where Has My Soul-Mate Been Hiding?

By Phil Rechard, Astrologer

"the seeming necessity to be in a relationship is an intellectually lazy way to go about living, and is an essentially outmoded paradigm. Don't get me wrong, we can learn a lot about life through being in an intimate relationship with an other person, but nothing beats the relationship we can have with ourselves - nothing. It's a difficult work, but it's really the only thing we're ever born with and can completely rely upon - our selves. Getting to know our selves first is free of charge, and is really essential if we can begin to pretend to love an other human being." Peace, Phil the astrologer


Where has my soul-mate been hiding? I'm sure that most of us have asked this question at some point in our lives, and we've all probably spent some considerable time desperately hoping for the day when that "perfect someone" would magickally appear at our doorstep. Instead of finding Mr or Mrs Right, we'd find ourselves stuck with Mr or Mrs Right-Now, or pining for the one that got away. This has left us baffled, bewildered and confused, and in the end, disappointed and miserable.

I've been no exception to this condition, but after decades of searches and researching, I have become increasingly convinced that everyone I have ever met and known has been (or still is) a soul-mate of mine on some level. The concept of having only one "true" soul-mate should be given a long overdue funeral, burial, and eulogy.


See the complete article here
Get a Relationship Reading Here

No comments: