Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Response to Farmer Jane re: Ed Dames

I decided to make this reply a whole new blog posting because of the length of the reply. To see the post I am responding to see Farmer Jane's comment under my last blog post about Ed Dames.

Jane started off with some comments about Dame's timing protocols. I'm familiar with Dames' timing protocols. That's what he was using to time the "kill shot" event. He said the shuttle event would take place first, then within days the kill shot. How he claims to time events is to veiw prior events. So when you see "Event A" you will know that "Event B" will follow close behind.

I would argue that the protocols were about 80-90% fulfilled a year or two ago. It's just he doesn't accept them because the earth wasn't in fact destroyed. Almost everything else he predicted though *did* indeed happen. But if Dames were to admit that 1) he wouldn't have a nice juicy apocalypse to keep getting back on Coast to hype and 2) he would have to admit he was only partly right.

I don't think it's so bad to admit you got it 80-90% right!

I don't see anything helpful in scaring the crap out of people over events you say they cannot change (which Dames does quite often). He's adamant that he's always right, something that would trouble me even if 1) he was always right, which he hasn't been, 2) he wasn't taking a dime and 3) everything that he said was sunshine and Kumbaya.

If he was truly avoiding the "doom" label he wouldn't go on Coast every six months like clockwork with another horrific prediction then tell people there is no avoiding it, I'm sorry. I don't buy the victim act he puts on when he's pressed about that. He has a choice whether or not to keep pushing this time line back. I can say I avoid chocolate, that don't make it so.

True, fear motivates people ... for good or ill, and overwhelmingly mostly for ill. I don't know what he's supposed to be motivating us to do since he's said the "kill shot" will wipe out 90% of the population and there is nowhere you can go to avoid it. Seems to me he wants to motivate us to buy his CDs. I would have no issue with that if he wasn't using fear to do it. And last I checked. he was still charging $199.00 for his remote viewing CDs: https://www.remoteviewingproducts.com/lrv/order.cfm .

I've edited a book that deals with the human reactions. Fight and Flight are two of four primary human reactions and they mostly get us into trouble, but that's another discussion.

As for Tarot, I am sorry that was your experience, it's not universal.

If you are pulling information directly from Source, then no, you cannot be influenced. But who is to say Dames and his students are doing so? They have a record, no better than any other group of remote viewers. And they see things the other groups do not. The one common factor is these people train with Dames. It seems obvious to me that teacher influence can account for the homogenized results he's claiming, especially with regards to the "kill shot". I have worked in similar groups, and it becomes obvious that the groups are psychically tuning into each other or to the leader of the group. Double-blind isn't applicable to psychics! (laugh) I remember one "informal" survey I did where no less than a dozen psychics told me I would marry the same guy and they were all adamant he was not gay. Darlin' he was as gay as it gets. They were tuning into a zeitgeist of their own making. I'm comfortable assuming that's what's happening with Dames' students.

As for the Bible, Dames himself has a very contradictory view of prophecy in the Bible to the Bible's take on prophecy. The prophets were all quite clear that prophecy could be changed if behavior was altered. If people came back to God, then the disasters could be averted. Dames on the other hand has been adamant that everything he sees *will* come to play no matter what anyone does. In my experience no one can make such guarantees. And in fact Dames has had some spectacular misses along with his hits.

I am not one who believes people must be spiritually pure to be accurate psychically. I have known too many dysfunctional, alcoholic, side-show psychics who could nonetheless blow you away with their accuracy. And like Caroline Myss, I know plenty who don't "OM", eat meat and live very secular lives yet have terrific intuition. Nor does having this ability automatically make one spiritual. It's a normal human talent, like art or music. Some folks are better at it than others, but it's a gift God offers us all, regardless of our spiritual intent. There are lots of people getting away with abusing it, unfortunately. Of course if you are out of harmony with yourself, that may affect your judgment, but that's a psychological process, not necessarily a psychic one, imnsho.

Finally - any public figure is fair game for criticism. The only time I say "If you don't like it hit the end transmission button" is when someone is calling for censorship. I'm not calling for that. What I have been calling for is for people to do their homework and use their common sense before they follow anyone's teaching - and I include my own teaching in that statement.

1 comment:

Free Psychic Chat Online said...

Hi,

That is a great post, thanks for your honest writing I enjoy your posts.

Thanks